All images was from the guys over at Engadget.com. Big thanks.
Okay, lets get straight into this information of Appleness.
Firstly here are a few facts that they threw out before the big mentions:
- Apple has over 362 retail stores.
- Apple sold over 172million post-pc devices in 2011 which made 76% of Apples revenue in Q4 2011 (62million iOS devices).
- Almost 600,000 Apps in the App Store.
- 15.4 million iPads sold last quater.
Now they have announced the new Apple TV.
Here are a few facts about the new Apple TV:
- Full 1080p
- New UI (which looks delicious)
- Big billboard like images. (Much like the iPad)
- It now has Genius which helps you pick Movies.
- £99 price tag
- Pre-Orders start today (07/3/2012
Then they unleash the daddy! The new iPad 3.
Here are all of the facts about the iPad 3:
- Same design, same thickness, just a tad bit heavier – 9.44m thick and 1.4lbs in weight.
- Yes the Home Button is still there.
- Retina Display (2048×1536) – 3.1 million pixels (best display on a mobile device).
- Dual Core CPU
- Quad Core GPU
- 40% better colour saturation.
- A5x Chip
- 5MP Back Camera – 1080p Video – New 5 element lens, IR Filter (practically same as iPhone 4S)
- For you Americans you can get 4G LTE (UK doesn’t have it yet)
- 10 Hours batter lift, 9 on 4G.
- Bluetooth 4.0
Also a new Infinity Blade is coming out for the new iPad named Infinity Blade: Dungeons, looks good, it will perform very well on the new iPad with its Retina Display and A5x Chip.
They also announced new Garageband and iPhoto for iPad, what i have noticed they have started too do is it is all about editing and creating and then moving it from device too device so that you can share with friends and family and just simply make everything a media hub. And i have to say iPhoto looked pretty good on the iPad, new gestures and everything, this will be a neat little app for all you photographers out there.
16GB WiFi – £399 WiFi | 32GB WiFi – £479 | 64GB WiFi – £559
16GB WiFi + 4G – £499 | 32GB WiFi + 4G – £579 | 64GB WiFi + 4G – £659
So thats the main announcements of the event, but my biggest dissapointment is what they called the new iPad. Wait. Thats what its called ‘The New iPad”. Hahahah. Crap.
So whats your thoughts on the whole event? Liked what you saw? Wanted a new iPad design? A better name? Tell us what you think on twitter @TechBoomTV. Thanks!
You will also enjoy: